IT and Technology Solutions Provider
Dundee Citrus Growers Association
Network Support Technician
DEPARTMENT: Administrative EFFECTIVE DATE: 2/21/2022
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly REPORTS TO: Network Administrator
Responsible for providing technical support for all computer-related systems, including office PCs and servers, packinghouse machinery, telephony, and applications, including remote and on-site technical support for clients of Dundee Technology Solutions, LLC as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree in Computer Network Engineering Technology preferred or 3-4 years experience in the IT field or similar combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ABILITIES: Knowledge of principles and practices of computer networking. Proficiency with Microsoft Server 2012, Microsoft Server 2019, Windows 10, and MS Office. Prior experience with VMware vSphere, routing, switching, and wireless preferred. Knowledge of VoIP and Linux is helpful. Effective written and oral communication skills and phone etiquette. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task. Ability to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures. Must be able to work independently and complete tasks unsupervised.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, walking, climbing, driving, lifting 10-50 lbs., data entry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office, plant, field, and warehouse settings.
OTHER: Valid driver’s license; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provides first-line support for office personnel for all computer-related systems.
- Installs, manages, and supports Microsoft Windows desktop PCs.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots productivity software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Intuit QuickBooks, and other proprietary applications.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots network and personal printers.
- Assists employees and guests with multimedia and conferencing needs.
- Provides first-line support for packinghouse personnel for all computer-related systems.
- Ensures packinghouse systems are functional for daily operation.
- Packing station tablets
- Thermal label printers
- Database servers
- Computer workstations
- Wireless infrastructure
- Ensures shipping systems are functional for daily operation.
- Forklift tablets
- Barcode scanners
- Signature capture pads
- Provides first-line support for call center personnel for all computer-related systems.
- Performs PC, telephone, and application maintenance.
- Troubleshoots RDP connectivity from remote sites.
- Provides first line support for clients of Dundee Technology Solutions, LLC.
- Handles remote support and on-site support when necessary.
- Understands when to escalate a ticket to the next support tier.
- Installs and troubleshoots IP telephony components.
- Performs, monitors, and periodically tests nightly backups.
- Assists with network infrastructure expansion and maintenance.
- Manages and supports VMware & Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure.
- Creates, tests, and enforces Microsoft Active Directory security policies.
- Installs, supports and troubleshoots network-based timekeeping system.
- Installs and maintains structured cabling systems.
- Develops and maintains system documentation, inventory, and user manuals.
- Maintains competency in newly emerging technologies, products, and solutions.
- Participates in trainings and seminars, as required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.